We returned to normal operation on 27 April 2020 and can once again offer you our full range of procedures, treatments and consultations, independent of their urgency. Our in-house centres and physiotherapy team are also available to you again without any restrictions.
We do not have a Covid department and do not treat patients with Covid-19.
The guidance from the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG) regarding hygiene and distancing will continue to be followed.
To protect everyone (patients, employees and doctors), please take special note of the following points:
- Only come to appointments if you feel well. If in doubt, please cancel your appointment. This applies to consultations and physio appointments as well as to surgical procedures. If you have booked a surgical procedure, the Guest Relations team will contact you in advance to ask you about your health. In some cases it will be necessary to have a Covid-19 test before the operation. This and the exact procedure will be discussed individually with you, your specialist and the anaesthesiology practice.
- Please arrive for the appointment on time and without accompanying persons if possible. We need to make sure there are no waiting times.
- Follow the special instructions on site (masks, hand disinfection, distancing). All persons in the clinic must wear a mask. You will be given a mask at reception.
We have compiled the most frequently asked questions about Covid-19 and planned procedures or scheduled medical appointments for you on the following page.
Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions
The restrictions for visitors have been relaxed further. The following rules apply at the Pyramid Clinic:
- Patients in a single room can receive a maximum of two visitors at the same time, twice a day.
- Patients in two-person rooms can receive a maximum of one person twice a day, with consideration for the person sharing the room.
- All guests must register at reception and leave their contact details, including guests dining in the cafeteria.
- In the single rooms, guests may dine together with patients. This is not allowed in two-person rooms.
- The cafeteria can also be used by external guests. A maximum of four people are allowed per table. The same requirements apply as in public restaurants.
If you have any further questions, please call us on +41 44 388 15 15 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The Pyramid Clinic team