A mommy makeover comprises a number of procedures that are performed in a single operation to address unwanted changes caused by pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. The needs and problem areas vary from woman to woman in these cases. This is why the interventions used are always combined individually. Typical problem areas are:
- Loose skin around the abdomen
- Loss of volume in the breasts
- Thinning of the labia, loosening of the vagina, perineal injuries
- Localised fat deposits on the hips and thighs that are resistant to changes in diet and exercise
Combination of procedures on the breast, abdomen, genitals and legs
A classic mommy makeover consists of a tummy tuck and a breast lift. Liposuction can also be included, depending on the scope of the individual interventions. Not everything can and should be combined together, because the more that is included, the greater the recovery period. The same applies to procedures in the genital area. It is best to first discuss your concerns with an experienced plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon, and then define with them what your main problems are and what the best treatment and surgical plan would be.
Further information on the individual treatments can be found on our webpages for breast lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction and genital surgery.
Ideal time for a mommy makeover
Pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding are formative experiences that every woman will perceive differently. You should definitely allow your body enough time to regenerate and return to its “old” form. Having a child demands a lot of energy from your body. Initially, you need to be able to focus on your child, their health and your health without putting your body under additional stress through dieting or excessive exercise. The ideal time for a mommy makeover is when:
- You stopped breastfeeding 6 to 12 months ago;
- You have reached your desired or normal weight again;
- Your family planning is complete;
- Your children are independent in as much as they don’t need to be carried constantly;
- You are unsatisfied with problem areas and this is affecting your quality of life, your sense of self and possibly your relationship.
Our doctors have many years of experience. We guarantee rapid, expert investigation and advice. Treatment is provided using the most up-to-date equipment and facilities. You are also welcome to ask us for a second opinion.
Approximately 4 hours (depending on number of procedures), under general anaesthetic
Length of stay at the clinic
After the treatment
Compression garment and special bra for around 6 weeks
Back to work
After around 2 weeks, longer if your job involves strenuous physical activity
From CHF 20,000 (depending on number of interventions)